June 4
Trek; “a long arduous journey, especially one made on foot”. We are all on our own long journey… We are in different parts in this journey, even when we are doing it together… we all have our own individual talents to bring and contribute to family or friends doing the journey together. 
Grateful for this time I got with Caroline in the dirt and rocky
uphill trails, arm in arm working together to push and pull the cart, sleeping under the stars
cold and wet, sweaty and dirty, showing up for each other to cheer and love each other on. -15 handcarts -18 in each family/handcart- put together in groups not knowing each other, building relationships, no technology, being present… learning to love and serve each other. So grateful for our earlier pioneers who settled the west. Beyond grateful for their examples of doing hard things. We can do hard things and be our own pioneer and trail blaze new beginnings…



June 5
More Life… More Sunsets…. More laughter, gratitude, forgiveness, love, kindness, hugs
#artbyanna #gratitude #morelove #more

June 6
Pink Peekaboos!! I love the confidence of this girl! I asked her what she wanted for her birthday and she wanted a haircut with pink highlights
I wanna be like her when I grow up with all the confidence in the world ! Thank you Aunt Sierra!! She loves it!
Exciting Day!!! Braces off in time for her birthday!!


June 8
A body in motion stays in motion!!
We keep our kids moving so they can stay mobile and get stronger
Always looking for the new adventure! I love the annual tradition of my husband, taking Harrison to Black River. Usually he has him thrown over his shoulder as they hike. Loren called me with happy tears! Our little man with cerebral palsy, ataxia etc… is hiking up a very steep hill!! He is not going to let his neurodegenerative disease get him down! Such a fun time fishing with uncles and cousins, neighbors and the Flake family!!

June 11
I love this! Trying to put it into practice all the time.

June 12
FYI


Did you know that you are supposed to pump your septic tank every 5 to 7 years? 
I probably shouldn’t admit it, but we had no idea. We were young and dumb when we built our house I guess and no one said, “hey by the way pump your septic every 5 to 7 years.” 
We built our home in our 20’s. So it’s been just about 20 years and I got home late last night from Utah after painting our second home for three days straight and we had our fourth flood in our home in a few months and this time it was sewage! 

I do have to say I’m pretty, proud of ourselves. We cleaned it up with smiles on our faces, made our emergency phone calls, and we have them already here pumping it today. (Normally I think I’d be in tears, so maybe I’m finally growing up
) What next!? Hopefully our leach lines aren’t ruined! Any ideas on how to make sure those are good? I don’t want to be ripping those out and repairing those. 


Especially because I just planted and raked horse poop all over that whole area and planted field grass with sprinklers. Any advice welcome and I know now that I deserve dumb remarks as we should have known better but now time to learn, problem solve and move on. 




#madnesswiththemerrillbudz (-some good, some bad, but mostly good) #merrillsworktogetherplaytogetherstaytogether #everyonehappierandhealthier #livelifeactivated #ohcrap


Broke away from all the craziness!! And went to Zion to paint our little cabin in kanab!
~3 more days of craziness! ( and I looked it!!!) I rolled the inside and outside of the house in 72 hour with little 3 hour breaks sleeping at night
June 13
Happy Birthday to our Sweet Caroline!! A beautiful way to start the day, Hootenanny and off to the temple with friends
#madnesswiththemerrillbudz #birthdaygirl


We loved having family and the cousins over to celebrate Sweet Caroline! Family is the best! Thank you for all the love, hugs and celebration for Caroline. I just can’t believe my little sweetheart is 15 years old!! She is loved by sooo many!! I love her kind spunky fun personality. She’s always looking out for others making sure all feel included
#madnesswiththemerrillbudz #merrillsworktogetherplaytogetherstaytogether
Kika is grown up and working away from home this summer so she celebrated her sister over the weekend. What kindness these sisters show each other 
#happybirthday #sisterlove
️ #sweetcaroline
Happy Birthday to our Sweet Caroline!! A beautiful way to start the day, Hootenanny and off to the temple with friends
#madnesswiththemerrillbudz #birthdaygirl
Marie CaldwellHappy birthday sweet Caroline - Thank you for blessing my life with your beautiful gifts. Your determination and positive attitude are inspiring!!!
June 14
So excited to see the twinkle in her eye! First day on the job was quite a success! And they want her back on Friday already
it’s rough for anybody trying to find a good job that they fit in, especially when you have a disability. Little Ceasers hired her, but they were only giving her one hour a week. So she was thrilled when Lowes wanted to give her five hours at a time
she gets to work in garden
such a beautiful place to be!!! One of my favorite places
congratulations Charlotte so excited for you!!! If you want to have a twinkle in your eye and a little bit of happy tears, go look at the website and read all about their motto. It’s all about inclusion and involving everyone! I am thrilled! I have not had to advocate for this one

they saw past her crutches and disability, and saw her! #thankyoulowes
June 15
“Wow! This is good news ….. speaking to the Representative at the Capitol in April had an impact! Way to go Anna!” -Mary (And Charlotte and those that came with me that day to the State Capitol. )

I woke up to this awesome text this morning!


.
The journey to guardianship for Charlotte started at the age of 16. Due to her disability and safety reasons led us to guardianship. But I didn’t realize til a year and a half ago at the age of 18 as I was signing the
documents, in fine print she loses all civil rights. I immediately had frustrated tears, and pushed the documents away, and said absolutely not! For the next several months, we had to bring investigators in, lawyers, therapists, psychologists, doctors, proving that, even though I had to help her physically and she had some cognitive disabilities. She should still be able to keep her civil rights to make decisions and be a human being in our country. After several months and going against odds, she finally won in court and she got her guardianship with her civil rights intact. It was honoring to see others take the same hard path following! But it shouldn’t be this hard. This past April, Charlotte had put together a speech regarding her trial and advocacy for her civil rights for her public speaking class at NPC. We were invited to go to the Senate floor at the AZ State Capitol and spent time in the senate lobby with the other Senators and representatives, able to build relationships and Charlotte shared her story as well as others with us. They asked Charlotte to email the Senate her speech and exchanged information. They also thanked her for bringing awareness and helped her to understand that laws and bills cannot change until they are made aware of the importance and it’s placed in front of them. She did the right thing even though it was hard and scary. Communication continued and these are the RESULTS


“….addressing laws that are outdated!!”
#madnesswiththemerrillbudz #merrillsworktogetherplaytogetherstaytogether #billsandlaws #azstatecapitol #changes #everyonehappierandhealthier #livelifesctivated #PlayUnified #inclusionmatters #AZspecialolympics @eatrainbowspoopbutterflys @auricle_tymp


June 16
We took time to rest! It’s so important to remind ourselves to take that time…. #fishingderby
June 17
I’m only sharing this because somehow….. we need to learn to rest. I’m sure like sooo many others


We took a little fishing break, helping with a fishing derby yesterday and that little glimpse of rest felt so good and peaceful. How do you shift your mindset and realize resting is ok ?
#givingmyselfpermission
June 18
“If at first you don’t succeed, call Dad.” Happy Father’s Day! Love these wonderful men in our life. Thank you too to all the other men in our lives who have been great examples of strong courageous men. Happiest of Father’s Days. Sending love from the Merrill Family
June 19
We made it…. time to rest! Maybe #Cancun
June 20
It was so awesome watching this cowboy riding a dolphin! They lifted us into the air like SUPERHEROES!! We were like little kids! Aqua Man

…slowing down enough to laugh and enjoy these moments with these grand animals










June 21
Tulum… Chichen Itza and a cenote 
this has been a spiritual adventure that I have been looking forward to for several years! Thank you friends for sharing this with me today
June 22
June 24
It brought me soooo much peace knowing that my kids were having the time of their life and so well taken care of while at the “happiest place on earth” Camp Tatiyee. It’s an incredible camp for those with special needs of all ages, but what I love is it’s inclusive
Kalicia has gone every year with her 3 siblings that have cerebral palsy. Another favorite is that my kids find joy in seeing others with crutches, wheelchairs and gait trainers from all over. They can relate to one another and share their stories, vulnerable, fun and safe. This year, I’m so proud of Kalicia, she is spending the whole summer there as a camp counselor. She got to welcome her siblings this year instead of coming along with them as a camper. So fun and tiny bit sad, she’s growing up. Not the 7 Yr old little protective Kika anymore. She’s a beautiful leader and loving these campers. So grateful and proud of all of my children. Thank you Camp Tatiyee for all the blessings you have given our family. My kids say, “even better than Disney Land.” 

June 26
Lots of appointments and procedures today. We love our neurologist, Dr. Vinodh Narayanann and our Tgen(genomics research )team for genetics
Dr. Newell Belnap. (Thank You!) We are still in deep research trying to figure out the disease, that causes cerebral palsy, ataxia, mitochondria dysfunction etc. for 3 of my children. I love the faith my kids have. They have accepted their situation and disorders with confidence and trust the process, but at the same time, don’t let it stop them. I’m still trying to trust the author and give the pen back. 

#madnesswiththemerrillbudz #merrillsworktogetherplaytogetherstaytogether #everyonehappierandhealthier #tgen #neurologist #genetics #dna #livelifeactivated
June 27
Making beautiful memories with aunts, cousins and sisters and their kids…. Swimming like we did when we were little at my 96 year old grandma’s home. Love how involved Great Grandma Charlotte Burgoyne is with her great grandchildren. Loved hanging out ! We love grandma.
June 29
Summer days and nights with cousins and friends ….
No comments:
Post a Comment