December 31, 2020 HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!
Happy New Years 2021!!! ![]()
Nice quiet evening at home, playing games with my brother, Dad and sweetheart
while the kids are playing in our newly painted game room downstairs!! We finished in the nick of time!
Love celebrating with family and friends!! Fun Comments from some friends:
Happy new year. And thank you for the Christmas card. Hope you guys had a great holiday.
Happy New Year!! Fun to see you all together!
Happy New Year beautiful Merrill family
This was so special, Harrison saved his own money (birthday money and chores) and bought Daddy and himself cool remote control cars to play and race them together. He couldn't wait for Daddy to open the presents. Such Joy from a little boy!!
January 1
Happy 2021!!! We survived 2020!!! Prayers the world will heal







The Merrills love you!!!
"This is so profound, ignore your health and it will go away"
These masks are so ridiculous! It's about our health status and how we are taking care of ourselves, what we are putting into our bodies, are we being active....
A moment that really got me, is when they were offering gift cards to McDonalds if people go get their covid shot or get tested. Really, thats just inflamming the chance to get covid instead of choosing to be healthy and proactive, they are choosing to ignore their health.
Jan 11
January 16
January 19


Love the white mountains in Arizona!

and social distancing, visiting great grandma!
I surprised my kiddos picking up this adorable little sporty car. (something I’ve been excited and visioned to get for 30 years !!!
MG) And then I got to go have some sister time!! 

I’m so glad my sister, Satya, is doing so much better today. Lots of ups and downs still but on the healing side!
Jan 11
Happy Monday!!
I had to share my joy
I love this!! It just happened over the last few days and weekend. She asked him last week and he came to the house to let her know it would be a treasure to go with her. 
she can’t wait to go!! Curious and excited to see a Social Distancing Dance
Winter
Formal
Jan. 6
“You’re so much stronger than you know!!” Thank you dear friend for this beautiful card and for the great reminder. I wanted to share it with others in case somebody else is needing this beautiful reminder
A beautiful flashback reminder from 2018
Good Morning and Happy New Year!! First day back to normal life after two weeks of working hard and Playing hard! The kids were excited to get back to school to see their friends and teachers and I am thrilled to get back to my art studio, getting close to finishing up my next illustrated children’s book
we got this wonderful book a couple years ago and we love to read a couple pages before school every morning. Today for the new year, we started it again. One of our favorite silly reminders that my kids say to each other, that goes along with these quotes is, “Happiness is not a disease, it doesn’t just happen to you. It is a choice.” I think Grandma Pember started it, thought it was very witty. Some of us understand that diseases happen to our bodies. We don’t have that choice, but we can choose to be happy. And Charlotte is taking her new walker to school today, (as a side note) She is excited and a little nervous. But now she can carry that heavy backpack, get through the hallways with the crowds safely and make it down the steep hills covered in ice. Proud of that girl and her decision to be happy!
January 15
“If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way!” -Martin Luther King Jr. This was our bed time story tonight and we talked about how to love and our dreams. WHAT ARE YOUR DREAMS?
“I have a dream....”
Great looking group headed off to a dance. Good friends are so important , especially in highschool. Charlotte is blessed to have such great friends
January 19
Yay!!! Tough little guy!! Getting to go home! Lots of little miracles today!! First miracle... that my son with cerebral palsy was able to climb up to a slide up high!! The school called to tell me he fell off the slide (we call that “pulling the pots and pans out of the cupboards” 


-that means he’s doing what typical kids are doing!!) He didn’t just fall walking!! This afternoon he got lethargic, complaining that his neck was hurting, quit eating and then started throwing up. I soon learned he fell from the top of the slide which was 7-8 feet. I’m used to my kids falling with CP, so I thought he just fell from the slide as he landed at the bottom. The doctor directed me to get to the hospital with bigger fears from such a fall. So grateful it ended tonight and getting ready to go home with a minor concussion. We are so grateful! It could have been so much worse. Be careful on the playground! Grateful for padding
Harrison is doing so much better today! Thank you for the love and prayers you showed him and us. I was blown away by all the love!!
He has to stay home the rest of the week, taking it easy, no lights, TV, iPads, therapies or school, anything anything that causes lots of stimuli, sensory overload.
But I have to tell you how proud I was of him, he even passed off a page in my reading program today. woohoo!! 

The doctors told me to continue with the NRF one and NRF two for concussions and double it. Harrison said it’s like a Band-Aid for my brain, fixing it!! and resting it!! But he’s learning and continuing!! My heart is so happy because I thought we were going to have some major setbacks!!! 
January 24
We all know life is not easy... We all have our separate trials, some days and weeks and months are harder than others! We can be strong and sail our ships through the storms!! Glad we have friends and family to help us keep our sails in the right direction. Thank you to our God and Savior who guides our winds in the storms and holds us STRONG
We are sad that our big brother, Jonny Boy, still has not made it to our home yet, to the guest house we built. We had to go pick up his belongings and car in Flagstaff this weekend as he had to go back to prison. (Mental illness is so real, he wasn’t given the professional help we had asked for him coming out of prison, he did sooo well and then broke -hopefully 41 more days and we will try again.) Thank you to all those for your love and support. He knows he is so loved and says thank you!! We are grateful too. 
Beyond words!! Proud of his Ship Sailing! He has got this!! So grateful that my other Big Boy, son, Austin is rocking life!! He has a beautiful girlfriend, great job and getting ready to buy a new house. Love my Big Boys!! My sons

Their little siblings look up to them and adore them.
January 25
I am asked all the time why do I keep my kiddos with Cerebral Palsy so active... Horse therapy, hiking, working etc. (My answer is between activating their bodies and keeping them active, they are healthy, upright and not stuck in wheelchairs and it helps with our mental health too) and I thought my friend Lisa Lahti Wyland explained it so perfectly!! Thank you!! 

WHY DO YOUR HIP FLEXORS MATTER SO MUCH ?
Hip flexors are the muscles which move our bodies. They control balance, our ability to sit, stand, twist, reach, bend, walk, run, and so much more 
How can tight hips hold you back ? They are often the root cause of some of your low back and hip pain .
Hip flexors are the center of your body’s movement. Hip flexors must be able to lengthen and elongate. If hip flexors are tight (or floppy), they can cause a host of problems.
How do hip flexors get tight- SITTING 
Let’s get moving and stretching and ACTIVATED
What was your day like in this beautiful blanket of snow?
January 27
Feeling good, energy, learning to read, playing in the snow, dances, being with friends..... are all things we can do again, if we Flip the Switch, turn on our genes, repair our cells to work at their best
January 27
Love Lunch Bunch
every Wednesday with these crazies
And Everyday exciting life!! Harrison is adding punctuation, Daddy is playing basketball, Caroline and Harrison are reading!!! January 28
Hope Everyone is having a great day!! I have been asked to put together a youtube channel to help those with disabilities and everyday life. Sometimes disabilities are unseen, life isn't easy, but we ALL can do hard things. Charlotte is a motivational speaker and my kids love to be a part of that mission with her - "Merrill Budz" She has been asked numerous times, “where is your youtube channel?” when she is being asked to speak in front of an audience. So I have been learning to do this. My kids are an inspiration to me. I am learning to do hard things too!
January 29
Trying to get back in a rhythm with Our Unified Team!! Thank you Varsity Cheer Leaders and varsity basketball players for joining us today! Small and simple but fun!
#playunified
Oh yay!!! 
This just happened at the Merrills!!! Pickle Ball Court!!!
Unified Teams being created Friday if you would like to join!! All ages!! Big tournament happening in April at the Round Valley Dome!! Reach out for details!! Social distancing will be in practice. Connecting, movement and getting ACTIVE!! 2 important pillars towards Everyone Happier and Healthier!! Brilliant activity for wellness!! We are beyond Excited! Thank you Ezra with CORE Values for introducing this to our family
January 30
Awesome Day at Old Sunrise with this fun group of teenagers!!!
And family!! Stay active and be healthy!! @merrillbudz
Cousins came too! Great memories!!
February 2
Loren (Daddy's Journal)
It is hard to believe it is already February! The 2020-2021 deer hunting season is over. I haven’t posted how we did this year. All my kiddos got a tag.
The youth hunt with my girls was a little slow, but Charlotte killed this nice 3 point muledeer.
Alex Isom killed his first buck, a mule deer spike.
I finally drew a tag I was waiting for! I had been putting in for 5 years.
Had a great time hunting with some new hunting partners. Though we did not see the bigger bucks we were hoping for, we filled all of our tags and created lasting memories.
I was also lucky enough to kill my first bear!!! The bear got his revenge on me, as I needed 6 stitches to close a gash in my hand I fell while carrying the bear cape the 3 miles to the road...
I was also lucky enough to get to help a couple of good friends from out of state kill their first Coues Deer bucks!!
Good times:)
Brothers and nephews also had a great hunting season!
From (Anna) Mom:
Grateful for this awesome guy!!
Not only does he bring home the meat for us to eat
(organically organic
) He loves taking our kiddos out, their friends and show them the outdoors and other great ways to be active. You Rock Loren Lawlor Merrill!! I’m grateful you won the bear fight
AND
It’s Ground Hog Day AGAIN 

and Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow (notice on Harrison’s plate
) 6 more weeks of winter
#happygroundhogday
Feb 3
Learning to use new tools to paint with, in Art... forks, broccoli
, Q-tips, scrappers.... they’re learning to advance their mind to find new creative ways to paint
rather than just a brush and a pencil.
Love the creativity of my students
February 4
Millennial Acres.... IT CAN BE DONE!!
Our kiddos get to work on these wild and fun projects with us because the are activated and upright!! 20 years ago, we took this raw piece of 3 acres and created our little own oasis.
I find my peace, working outdoors and I’m so excited that spring is on it’s way.
Holy Moly!! We squished a lot into couple days! Always have to make doctors appointments and rehab appointments fun! With cousin time! Thank you for letting us stay at your house @ellecsmith
Ellen Cowgur Smith
It was fun playing Mario kart with you guys. Glad you got your new car home safely.







































No comments:
Post a Comment