Monday, August 30, 2021

June, birthday month and Summer begins!

June 3

I just dropped my three girls off for girls camp 🏕😍🤗😎with so many amazing, hard emotions. Thrilled they are going to girls camp! Beyond ecstatic! But scared that I just dropped off two of my children that need help to do a lot of things for themselves. They are excited and nervous too. 💙🙏🏻 Grateful that the leaders can do it and are willing, as we've prepped for this day for a long time. My two teenage girls with cerebral palsy cannot take care of themselves fully. (Adapt and adjust- two of our favorite words, used daily) They are great examples of modifying and making it work. And I worry that my other daughter is going to become the caregiver. So I'm taking a step back observing and letting others love my kids and serve them. They are amazing 🤩 all of you!!! Thank you 🙏🏻 love you 😍 #madnesswiththemerrillbudz and it’s a total celebration that my kids have worked so hard to be independent, that they do get to do this!

Chelsea Davis
I don’t think you have anything to worry about. ❤️

 They’re not going to have to do anything their not comfortable with. Your girls are resilient!




Ezra Borrego

They will do great.
They are in good hands, With lots of help and loving daughters of Heavenly Father.

Anna Berry Stiglbauer

It’s bittersweet, isn’t it? As moms we worry because we love so completely. I have no doubt you’ve laid the foundation they need to make the most of this experience.
Asia Manowiecka

They've got this. God is preparing our kids for the future

Kriston Richardson

I love that they are not scared of a challenge they will have so much fun

Andrea Bezzant
Girl’s camp is heaven on earth, where young women learn to stretch themselves and be their best💙

love those strong determined girls of yours

Michele Lepperd Stock

You are such an amazing Mother!!! I can only imagine you have given them all the tools necessary that they can DO THIS!!!!! Don’t worry so much... your kids are AAAAAAmazing!!!!!! All will be well!

June 5

Yay!!! They are home from girls camp 🏕 and had an amazing time of course. Incredible leaders!! Thank you!! “A light in the wilderness” the girls can’t quit talking about what a wonderful time they had.



This absolutely made my heart so happy! ♥️🙌🏻When he got home 🎣🤩

I can’t believe he told me he got 48 fish

Loren ~Had a great time with my little guy, Harrison, last week fishing Black River! The fishing was great and the time I spent with Harrison was invaluable:)

Being a little guy with a rare neurodegenerative disorder, doing things like hiking and fishing Black River are very iffy for Harrison. The last time I took Harrison,when he was 5, I carried him in a backpack, and he could not fish by himself. He could not hardly stand up, even leaning up against something, to be able to fish.
I am so grateful to know about products that activate his little special body and that he is now able to do and enjoy life even more!!
Harrison reeled in 47 fish (about half of which he caught all on his own!!!). He was able to hike a lot of the several miles we covered that day, holding onto my hand, of course.

Thanks to my brothers who helped to organize the trip. It was a blast! Can’t wait to go again:)

June 4
Thank you Canyon Creek Performing Arts for not just making this possible for my kids, but for all the kids in the surrounding community!
These two kiddos have a neurodegenerative disease which causes Cerebral Palsy, Ataxia and other disabilities. It makes it hard to balance, concentrate and perform on stage. I love how the directors are so inclusive. As a mother, I am always nervous of who is going to be accepting of my children. CCPA creates a friendly environment and community where everyone gets a chance for success. They get to make amazing friends, explore their talents and gain confidence while performing as a scary T-Rex and a mother Dinosaur. Caroline is so excited that she has a solo and speaking parts. She looks so cute with her fun mohawk hairdo and pink dinosaur costume. I love that Harrison got the part of the T-Rex! He sure practiced his ferocious roar at home and couldn't wait to perform. Each performance Harrison's hands reached just a bit higher as dinosaur claws, as he gained confidence and he got a little more scarier. (But he still was probably the nicest T-Rex ever!!) lol!
(So funny story... while I was putting this together on imovie, all the videos got deleted and I was heartbroken but somehow it held onto my phone long enough that I was able to hold Charlotte's phone in front of my phone (one more time, it played) I was able to push record on Charlotte's phone and record it. It's a terrible recording, but a miracle that the imovie went away the moment it was over and It's not retrievable. (technology is so strange sometimes, but little tender mercies, that it hung onto my phone for enough time to record it with Charlotte's phone.) Don't forget to look for little blessings. Have a beautiful day and extra prayers for those who need them.

June 6
Don’t wait for everything to be perfect, before you decide to enjoy your life. ♥️That’s a continual conversation our family has together and we constantly remind each other daily. We even have to sometimes break it down to a simple moment and choose Joy in that little moment in time. (It helps in that moment when Harrison breaks out singing🎶 and Charlotte’ delivers a big smile and hug)



June 8
Love all these cute kids!! 🤩They are all a prime example of saying “you can!!!”Enjoying the day with my sweet daughter, Kika, my sister Satya and Capri and my dear friend, Ilene introducing us to oxygenated pools!! Finding more ways to heal our bodies and say “I can”‼️ while attending to more specialist and therapies. @exceptionalwatersystems







June 9
A round of applause to our Monument Area Coach/HOD for June to Anna Merril. Anna has 4 amazing children (Harrison is missing from the photo) and several others that she's taken in to nurture over the years. She's devoted to her family and spends many hours a week working with the Snowflake/Taylor Delegations. Anna and her family have made many appearances across the State for SOAZ, including the Breakfast with Champions. We can't thank Anna enough for her hard work and passion for our athletes/partners.

Loren- Yeah, she is a big deal:)

June 11
Summer fun!!! And teenagers are so much fun‼️🤩Loving this stage of life



Working and serving together!!!






June 12
Cousin time!!!! “Cousins are like fudge. Mostly sweet with a few nuts.” But I think we are all nuts!! 😂🤣😅💙👍🏻 They sure love getting together!! They are all soooo sweet to each other

June 13
Love my Sweet Caroline ♥️ Happy Birthday to my beautiful girl!! 🎶 I can’t believe I have three teenage girls 🥰She is such a great example of living a happy life, no matter what is thrown at her💜 I tried digging a little deep with her this last week, asking her about different emotions and discussed different feelings. She thought for awhile and then finally said, “well, when school was out I was sad because I’ll miss my friends, but she trumps it with a Happy feeling right away and said but I’ll be ok, I’m HAPPY 😃 because I get to swim all summer. I’m just really proud of her and her outlook on life. She always has love, a compliment and a smile for others. I am so happy we got to celebrate her Golden Birthday with her this weekend. She is 13 on the 13th



Fun Summer Happenings and moments





These cute Smith boys, Zach and Christian got baptized. Glad Harrison has good friends

June 16
We believe everyone should be happier and healthier 💙💙💙 especially this month, our fathers! We love you so and are so grateful for you! Tonight for wellness Wednesday, we are focusing on men’s health.
Here's the Wednesday Wellness link for Wednesday 6:30pm PST 9:30pm EST. See you there




June 17
It’s the little things!!! Life changing to add a shower🤣 swimming is so fun and so therapeutic for my kids every day but the showering afterwards is always stressful. Holy moly this simple PVC pipe shower, incredible! Keeping a little conditioner out here to condition the hair every time and head in😅👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 come swimming with us! Seriously call or text me and come on over!! Let’s get active and stay active
June 18
Favorite things about summer! 🙌🏻 We didn’t realize we were making memories we just thought we were having fun!




Fun group of boys….. doing what boys do best… fishing, playing in the water, getting dirty and having a good time with friends! Creating memories


June 19
Beautiful evening on the water! Fun mother-daughter retreat with these girls! Glad I had that special time with them today. I think I found one of my most favorite places to meditate, on the water…





June 20
Happy Father’s Day!! So blessed to have such great fathers in our lives. All three are good examples of love and hard work. They also have the best Dad jokes and if we can’t figure something out…. We know who to call ☎️ DAD 💪🏻 💙💙💙The kids had fun spoiling their daddy today. (Thank you Cathy for spending time with us and helping make Loren’s Father’s Day special.
We love having such an awesome neighbor)
  



June 21
So… ever since I met my husband he talked about his kids being on the All-Star team like he did growing up. They just do it differently! 😁🙌🏻 Kalicia was asked to sing the National Anthem and Charlotte was asked to do the Little League pledge. Proud of these girls! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Play Ball!!! Good Luck

Going Live tonight at the All Stars Opening Ceremonies 6/22

June 22

I love that Kalicia (my typical kid) and Charlotte (my daughter with Cerbral Palsy) have grown up playing together, being Unified! They are a great example of bringing unity to the world, to our community and to our family. Those with disabilities (or other abilities) have the same dreams and desires as the rest of the world. Charlotte shows, as she states, "she uses her disability as a strength and not a weakness!"


June 23
Prayers Answered

My kids are just a bit excited! Prayers answered!🥰🌧🔥🙏🏻 my daughter was out doing the animal chores feeding the horses and chickens and sent me the silly video! And then the others were dancing in the rain! Woohoo!!!!!

June 24 Awesome!!! Yay!!! The beginning of Unified Disc Golf 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 This is exciting!! Tournaments and courses starting up at Woodland Lake Park. Fun time with these great kids and adults, let us know if you are interested in Disc Golf 🙌🏻 we are going to be cleaning up sticks, rocks etc at the park to put in paths, now that we got the baskets in 👏🏻👏🏻 personal message me if you would like to be apart of service and playing disc golf ⛳️ Tournaments happening during the 24th celebrations
June 25
Beautiful way to start the day!!! Balloon Festival going on all weekend!! 🙌🏻 up at 5:30, watching the balloons and sun rise ☀️ “We rise by lifting others!”

June 26
Lots of love and cousin time this weekend!!!! They flew in from Denmark, so the fun has been not stop 😊 enjoying talking about and making new memories!
Love going to Grandma Burgoyne’s!!! Fun reunion


June 28
Mother 🙌🏻 Daughter Retreat 💖 “I don’t want my daughters to follow in my footsteps. I want them to take the path next to me and go further than I could have ever dreamt possible.”





June 29
Palm Springs ~ San Clemente
Hey!! This is Kalicia!! I’m posting for my momma because she is driving..I absolutely loved this weekend! So much happiness and inner work. I love how our minds work and when you put your mind to it, it’s amazing what the result is. I loved learning and hearing about other women and their experiences and learning what they have to say and what they have learned!! I enjoy and cherish the relationships and friendships that I made!!

The others had a good time with Grandma




Decaling the Dock house










Gowri got one of our new little kittens and we enjoyed our guests Trudy





Taking our new Kayaks out for a trip




































No comments:

Post a Comment