June 1
My Aunt Lori and Uncle Roger came to visit on their way home from their trip to South Dakota. We enjoyed looking at wild flowers together. I always look up to them and love learning from them. My Uncle Roger taught me a lot of what I know and understand about money and accounting. Ever so grateful to them and the wonderful memories I have growing up and spending time with them.


June 3
Heading off to Girl's Camp, Caroline was excited and sad to go on her own without her sisters. I am still sad and in shock that I really have no more little people, that my children are growing up.

Caroline had an amazing time at Girls camp. Thank you to such great leaders. She had so many wonderful things to say
Her favorite part was that she went without any of her siblings/family. She got to be completely “Caroline” and she was excited about being independent
hanging out with friends and cousins. Again, I’m so grateful to great leaders, one’s willing to take those on with disabilities without even hesitating 
it warms my heart. Can’t wait to see more pictures. #grateful #inclusion #love #camping #friends #leaders #amazing #cerebralpalsyhacked
If you happen to be last minute people and you have last minute friends…. Might as well hike the Grand Canyon on a whim!

We had an incredible time! Thank you for coming Loren and
Anna Pember Merrill!!
Tyler Slade
June 10
I think the most adventurous part of this last minute jaunt to hike the Grand Canyon this weekend, was when the mountain goats were guarding the switch backs at the end of our hike out. The craziest part, as if we were in a movie, after we got past the goats, a lonely goat came sprinting around the corner running for its life right at us on the path. We had to plaster ourselves against the canyon wall to let it run by. It was a bit scary and exciting. Thanks for fun friends Sherida Hunt Slade, Tyler Slade, Loren Lawlor Merrill and grand last minute adventures. We were trying to decide where to hike and found ourselves at the bottom of the canyon, playing in the Colorado river, prepping ourselves for the hot hike out. Amazing day, in and out 



@sheslade8 #madnesswiththemerrillbudz #Amazing #livelifeactivated #poweredbyaxio #grandcanyon #hikingadventures #friends

June 12
Best day ever! Charlotte is upright on her boot! Still in the boot, but now she gets to walk on it 

so she’s so excited. It’s so liberating! I’m excited too!




#celebrating #cerebralpalsyhacked #madnesswiththemerrillbudz #poweredbyaxio #livelifeactivated
June 14
I was so excited
I harvested my first bucket of kale of the season, or ever, put it down to finish up the chores and the chickens had attacked and enjoyed it all. They had their healthy dinner for the night.
I was sad and disappointed, but it was so humorous how quickly they ate it all! I think it goes to show the nutrients it has 

can’t wait for the eggs 
June 13
Happy birthday to this beautiful courageous girl, Sweet Caroline! One year away from being an adult, oh my
She seems as shocked as I am, that she’s 17 years old! That means she’ll be a senior this year!! 
She has so many goals for her future. I cannot wait to see all the many wonderful things she does. She’s so talented and so kind. She’s a problem solver and challenges herself to overcome hard things. I love you Caroline and am so proud of the woman you are becoming
Happy Birthday Tyler Slade!!!
June 15
Happy Father’s Day
June 17
Adventurous day with friends on the Yucatán Peninsula, Tulum, chichen itza Pyramids,and the cenote was a favorite
loved sharing and learning of the ancient history with our children. We did this a couple years ago and couldn’t wait to bring the kids back
The cenote was beautiful and cool after a long hot exciting day. Love the stories of the Tree of Life, the white God and other incredible stories that bring our worlds together. #tulum #chichenitza #pyrmaids #cenote
June 21
This family picture with all the smiles is a huge accomplishment at the end of this fun event/ordeal


I
had not prepared that this was going to be a huge sensory challenge for Charlotte. I was so proud of her wanting to experience the amazing mammals, while panicking with lots of tears.
The trainers told her she didn’t have to but she reached to me and asked me to help her through it. I love her tenacity and willingness to work through challenging moments, wanting to overcome.

In my silly mom brain this was going to be an incredible once in a lifetime event, fun and all smiles! The trainers were kind and incredible with my kids and adjusted to their disabilities.

It was not easy, with lack of muscle control, balancing, sensory, processing disorders … but they rocked it and had the best time!!

They will always remember the experience with the mammals, kisses and riding the dolphins, but I think the most important memory will be that they overcame the hard and didn’t quit and got to have the joy of saying they did that and it was amazing!!












June 20
Wrap the boot and get to work!
Charlotte loves to help others. Finger-painting became real on the roof of a home in Mexico. 
These kids know how to make work a good time, sealing and prepping the roof and walls from rain and hurricanes. What a great family and cute kids. It’s fun to make new friends, working together.
June 24
Lunch at the local bakery, where Caroline works

Fresh and homemade

just like going to grandma’s. So much love and delightful smells in t
he air.
My favorite is

they were so happy to have Caroline come intern and learn, even with having Cerebral palsy. She has become the best brownie maker
Utah never disappoints me!
This is where strangers become friends and friends become family!
Amazing servant heart leaders poor into us, believe in us before we believe in ourselves and teach us the principles and behaviors of building an empire of servant heart leaders, Charging one life at a time!


So many lives has been blessed by this beautiful community and the blessing we share!
I have said from day one God choose me for this no one approached me!
I am so unbelievably grateful!
Thank You all for the beautiful memories!
Who wants to join me and change the world??
































Rubbie is in her 80's, still trying to homestead. Grateful for a very talented, giving husband who was willing to help her get plumbing and electricity to her bathrroom, living room and bedroom. She's a brave woman. Loren's pretty dang amazing! She asked us to help her get it done for her birthday! Happy Birthday Rubbie!
JZ was at our house this week while momma went camping close by. Today we got glitter strands added to our hair at NPC, where Aunt Sierra works. The girls got some darling haircuts.
Then off to get MRI on Charlotte's foot, praying all is good news and her foot is back to whole.
Summer fun with cousins!
Then I got to head off and go camping with Aunt Satya, so fun, meditation and I took the motorhome.
This little kitten stowed away under the motor home and I could never get it out. Amaron, Satya and I tried to lure it out with food so it wouldn't get ran over on the way home. It hid up by the wheel well under the motorhome. It finally came out when we returned home and saw it's mother. It was a sweet little reunion.
So fun to enjoy an evening with my handsome guys and yummy ice cream at our dear friends, the Slades. "Sweet Slades".
Sadly saying goodbye to one of our favorite cars!! Our family is just getting smaller and we don't need all that vehicle. Shifting to smaller cars and new trucks instead!
Meditation and study
And oh my gracious!! This kid!!! So smart!! broken wagon with good wheels and broken wheels on good wagon. He switched them around and then later fixed the broken wagon too! This kid!!! Just so smart! Such a problem solver.
My art students, in the art contest!! So proud of them, sharing their talents!
Charlotte's Podcasts are becoming a hit!!!
cute friends, supporting each other
My mission girl!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment