Wednesday, April 26, 2023

April 2023

 April 1

I’m proud and in awe of this girl’s great attitude! I have a lot to learn from her!! Another great performance at NPC, “Our Town” after she crashed on the track at the Highschool during Unified track practice. She saw it as a miracle, tearing up her hands and knees…. With having Cerebral palsy, this was the first time she caught herself, usually her head and face would have hit the ground. Grateful for good friends who bandaged her up, while I was shaken up.


Vandee Flake -Awe. Good memories Anna Pember Merrill

2017- April Fool's Day!!! Donuts? Grass? Funny Kids! Friends!! Off to the Spring Fling for Unified Sports in Winslow at the pool/park!! Come join us! Polar Plunge, BBQ, Baked goods and more booths!

  

It’s been a bit of a tough crazy week at the Merrill home

😅🙈 April Fool’s Day came just in time!! Always great for a few laughs!! I didn’t realize how important it was because Harrison was disappointed. He didn’t wake up to dog food for breakfast. But cupcakes and dirt for dinner made up for it 😂😜🤔 #aprilfoolsdinner

#meatloafandpotatoes






























































April 2

Some fun photography from the production “Our Town” directed by Carson Saline at Northland Pioneer College. Incredible talented cast!

Jennifer Brimhall:

It’s always a pleasure to see Gideon perform. “Our Town” is in the books, and I love what good friends Gideon has found through his performing arts program and cast! (Though it’s a bit weird to see him getting married! 😂

Thanks to Anna Anna Pember Merrill for some of the pics!)





April 4

Had an incredible day with these strong women today, and just so grateful for their love and friendship!

#wellneeded ##strongertogether❤️ #loveyou #wearebuiltforhardthings #ourbodiesaremeanttoheal



April 6

Between “Chitty Chitty Bang Bang” and “Our Town”, this is our first week without plays/productions. It’s been a joyous but exhausting ride til late into the nights. But to get to watch our children becoming successful makes everything so so worth it!! I love watching all these young adults in our community show off their talents and become successful!! Congratulations!! I was honored to get to spend so much time with them doing the photo shoots 😍👏🏻🙌🏼 and in the background. (I have so many more photographs, trying to get them to all the cast. Please reach out to me if you didn’t receive them.




April7

We are at a loss for words… our dear loved one, friend, family and an incredible community member/doctor at Compass Medical. Dr. Bob passed away this morning. We are shocked, confused and miss him so so much… He has loved and served all around him. He found his home here in the white mountains of AZ. We love you so much Dr. Bob, Robert Andrews

 
 

 








April 8

….time well spent with family celebrating spring, Easter and our Savior. #happyeaster #gratefulforoursavior




April 9

MORP 2023 ⚡️✈️
epic weekend with an awesome bunch of people. i had so much fun! 🤪🥳💕🤩
thank you warren for going with me!!





April 10
Love Jesus so much! “Jesus is the reason for the season.” Happy Easter from the Merrill Budz!! 💕🐣🐇 Bunnies, baby chicks, eggs, and the the beautiful things of spring represent new beginnings. Grateful for having the weekend to focus on our Savior, the Atonement and new beginnings. 🙏🏼💙 😇 #happyeaster🐰 #loveoursavior❤️ #lovemyfamily #loveourfriends












April 11
Chaos at the Merrill’s and all the while, Charlotte is cheering 📣 me on, saying “Mom, you can do hard things.” I sure am trying but I told her I’m a “Happy grump” my heart hurts, I’m trying to follow her example and bravery. While I was helping to go through Dr. Bob’s things and plan his funeral, I thought I’d take a break and water some plants and enjoy some good vitamin D in the good ol’ outdoors as Dr. Bob would say. (But, I didn’t know all the while that it was raining in my basement 😢 and flooding our house until Charlotte came out to inform me it was pouring inside and water everywhere) 😅🥹 I learned that somehow the frost free hose bib froze (warning to others)🤷🏼‍♀️ and while I was enjoying our beautiful day the water was flooding in our home 🙈 We just went through a flood in our kitchen a few weeks ago and still in the middle of repairs. No pun intended, “when it rains it pours!!” We will get through this and be tougher right?! 😅🤣😇😋 I guess it could be worse, we could have turned the water on and left 👍🏼🙏🏼💙 it’s real!





Jay Pember:

One year ago!!!! Happy Birthday Max!! 🎈 Anna Pember Merrill








April 13
We were honored to be invited to the AZ State Capitol to represent Special Olympics UNIFIED-supporting the Inclusion movement. Harrison thought we were going to the White House, Caroline explained to him. “It is the White House of Arizona.” (I love how their minds work) 😉 It was an exciting day. We got to be on the floor with the Senate, visiting with Senators and speaking up for those with disabilities/abilities. The kids had fun watching bills go through and be argued over.😅🙏🏼 A bonus… We even got to witness and spend the morning with the Phoenix Suns/Organization as April 16 was declared by AZ Legislature as Phoenix Suns Day. Charlotte brought up her guardianship and how she had to fight for her civil rights, her right to vote. It was neat to watch all the moving parts rallied behind her story, as to help others and they want to invite her back to speak on the floor. I love seeing her mission unfold.


Shannon Westbrook:
Emmalynn and Jonah have an awesome opportunity to support Unified Special Olympics at the state capital today. They are all dressed up and super excited! It’s a true blessing to have friends who you can completely trust your children with
💗 thank you Anna Pember Merrill!!!

The kids had such an amazing time! They even saw our very own David Marshall in action! The kids learned so much and felt heard! Again thank you Anna Pember Merrill for volunteering to take them!

Anna Pember Merrill
I loved having your kids. They were such a joy, and they did such a wonderful job standing up for those with disabilities and bringing awareness. I love the friendships! Thank you for trusting me and letting them come with us.


April 14
Love spring time… new beginnings and desert wild flowers





April 16
Everyone did a great job at all their track events yesterday at Sedona Highschool….My favorite part of our Special Olympics Unified Track Meet was I got to join the 4x100 relay and hand off the baton to my son who can run!!! 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼 the first time in 12 years of coaching Special Olympics Unified, that I got to participate and not just shout out from the sidelines and cheer!!! Everyone did an incredible job. It was fun to have my husband and the other volunteers run as well! So proud of everyone!! (Running for Dr. Bob!! He loved Sedona, hiking and Special Olympics)





Rubbett:
Special Olympics Arizona Northern Monument and Mountain Area Track and Field Competition! Thank you to Tiffany Renee, Stacey Young Sabo , Eric Abt , Laura Forsell, Heather Turkes and David Turks, coaches and volunteers for all their hardwork and help in putting on a great competition for our Athletes! What a great way to end the season! Now onto Summer Games!! And Coaches! Anna and Loren Merrill


Kriston Richardson:
Picture over load
My girls attended there first track meet in Sedona with the unified lobos they had a great time meeting new friends and making lifetime memories.
Marissa ran the 100 meter and placed 3rd
She ran the 2x50 with Daven and they got 3rd
She also ran the 4x100 and they placed 3rd also. Qualifying for state I am so proud of her.
Ellie did the 100 meter walk and she brought home the GOLD she did so good.
She also did the jab and they placed 3rd. This was a great day for all of and we enjoyed it.
Thank you Anna Pember Merrill and Loren for all you do to make this happen watching this group of kids was so much fun.


April 17

…she enjoyed a beautiful evening walk with the kids❤️ and how do you tell a dog when their best friend passes away? Dr. Bob looked forward to taking our sweet Clove on a walk every day. She still waits at the gate for him to get home from the clinic.




April 19












April 20
Paper Making-mixing and making pulp -can’t wait to see what they create with their homemade paper next week. 🙌🏼🥰 love the creativity!  Added the rose 🌹 and sunflower 🌻 petals and leaves to the pulp, came out beautiful! (extra special because we used flowers of Dr. Bob’s bouquets in the paper, making a memory book to hold pictures and memories of him) #grateful #exploringartclass #Connections




April 21
Congratulations to my incredible Exploring Art students and my awesome Ninja Disciples!! They did a fabulous job with their artistic talents in the art show tonight!! 🙌🏼 Artwork will be on display til May 13 at AAWM Center for the Arts










April 22
Such a beautiful warm day in the white mountains! And Kalicia and I went trail riding for the first time by ourselves! It was so much fun! I’m usually on the ground doing Horse Therapy with my kids or others. I can do lunging and lots on the ground with a horse, but being up on the horse and going off on a trail, riding by ourselves was a different, exciting adventure! New adventures awaits….

Sunny weekend…playing in the dirt, grounding, sharing and trading flowers and learning about ancestry plants of the area with awesome friends!! So grateful 😇🙏🏼💙 And Loren is so excited about his first fish 🎣 from his biggest toy, his pond🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼 Such a needed weekend, working hard and playing hard 😍 Being Home, our favorite place to be .




April 23

Anais:
Rétrospective 23/04/2019. The day I met Anna Pember Merrill for the first time

April 24
“You must unlearn what you have learned…No! Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.” – Yoda #madnesswiththemerrillbudz #everyonehappierandhealthier #starwars


April 25
We discovered this awesome restaurant with Bill Keane cartoons… great memories as a child, my dad working on his copier and equipment… I loved these cartoons! So much funnier as an adult reading them
Family Circus


April 26

I love the meaning of Unified 🙌🏼💙 It was fun today to have have cousins from Round Valley, Snowflake Highschool and Snowflake Unified compete at The Snowflake Highschool Track Meet today.










We left for our big trip to California to record! So excited for Kalicia! Stopped in Williams to enjoy the evening and getting set up at the art Studio.




April 27
Getting back to our Thankful Thursdays , we loved the good positive energy it brought into our home, and we’ve missed it!  Need to be focusing on the good 🙏🏼💙we’ve been in a storm for the last few months. #ThankfulThursday


Yosemite National Park












April 28
….still recording late into the night. Love watching Kalicia exploring her talents 🙌🏼 writing, recording and singing her own song 🎵 🎧 Took a little break this evening and then back to the studio 🎶👏🏻👊🏼 #madnesswiththemerrillbudz #whenitrains🎶 #music #recordingstudio #california #roadtrip #everyonehappierandhealthier #proudofmygirl










April 29

On our way home, celebrating with our family and friends via zoom



Dr. Bob's Memorial Birthday 🎂
Join us by zoom if you can’t attend at the park for memories, refreshments, laughter and smiles.
Sunday April 30, 2023
3pm AZ time
Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 928 243 3000
Passcode: 2022
Funeral will be May 20th @2pm at the Church on Willow in Taylor, AZ




April 30

Wow! What a very full weekend 🎶🙌🏼 Thank you to an incredibly talented inspired, Music Producer, Pete Campbell. We can’t wait to see the final productions. 👏🏻👊🏼 so many levels, layers, bloopers 😂 and lots of tiny serious important steps to producing a song. I have been watching Kalicia, the last few years sitting at the piano, plunking away, singing,writing lyrics and music. So excited for her 🎵🎶🎧 I both laughed and cried this weekend! (In honor of Dr. Bob 🙏🏼 Happy Heavenly Birthday! He loved and encouraged her to perform.) #madnesswiththemerrillbudz #merrillsworktogetherplaytogetherstaytogether #everyonehappierandhealthier #happyheavenlybirthday❤️ #musicproductions #createyourlife #createmoments #musicvideobloopers







We love and miss Dr. Bob 💙🙏🏼 We are holding a fundraiser and excepting donations for his family. So if you don’t mind sharing and passing it along, that would be awesome! We are also selling Petrified Forest Dr. Bob Memorial shirts and we will be doing a hike on the day of his funeral on May 20, 9 am, please all are welcome to join us. He loved nature, people and animals. Shirts are $20. 💙💙💙💙 Compass Medical in Snowflake, AZ will be doing adjustments for $25/donations on Friday, May 12, 9-12 and shirts will be available. If you donate money via venmo, please put Dr. Bob in the memo. Thank You to all for your love and support for this man who loved and served so many. Thank You again for your love and supporting his family





No comments:

Post a Comment